Moving Guide Comparison
Listed below is the information that you will need if you
wish to make a true comparison between our service and other services.
- Cubic feet vs. linear feet. Usually, our trucks are
a lot higher and wider than the rental trucks. For example, one
of our competitors uses 10 foot rental trucks which hold approximately
368 cubic feet, this is about the same as 5 feet in our trucks.
- Be sure to calculate the cost of gas, tolls, taxes, insurance,
etc with the rental truck - Help-U-Move's price includes the gas,
tolls, taxes, insurance, the truck and the professional driver.
- How old is the rental truck. Older trucks may be prone to mechanical
failure and breakdown.
- Time - How much longer will the trip take you in a rental
truck vs. driving your own car or flying?
- Safety - If you are considering renting a truck make
sure you consider the following:
We only use experienced drivers (primarily union teamsters) that
are familiar with driving a big truck in all types of weather.
These are professional drivers familiar with the roads, the truck,
and practice safe driving for a living. Driving an unfamiliar
vehicle on unfamiliar terrain can be tiring, as well as dangerous
so consider your safety when moving.
- Comfort - Which is more comfortable to drive, your car or a rental truck?
Moving Company Comparision
If you are comparing us to a moving company please consider
- We will try to beat any price that appears to be less money
than ours so please e-mail us with the competitors quote. Be sure
to include the weight and the space quoted.
- Make sure you compare the weight and cube (volume). The weight
is very important because some companies "bait and switch".
They quote you a low price with a low weight allowance to earn
your business then hit you with a very high over weight penalty
and hold your property hostage until you pay ransom. Don't be
a victim. Compare the space and the weight. Household goods normally
weigh about 6-7 pounds per cubic foot. If the quote is less
than that you may be getting ripped off!
- How will you be treated during the move? Is there 24 hour tracking
of your shipment?
- Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau? How
many complaints have been filed against the company in the last
- How long has the company been in business? Ask the date of
incorporation. Don't be fooled by years experience, or "moving
heritage" ask for the date of incorporation.
- What kind of drivers do they use? We only use drivers that
are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Transit time. How long will it take you to receive your belongings?
Our longest scheduled domestic transit time is 8 business days.
Not 7 weeks like some companies!
- Do they guarantee that they will show up on moving day? Some
companies cancel on the day of the move if they are busy and leave
you stranded. We guarantee in writing that we will be there on
the day we tell you.
- Is there a fuel surcharge? Is a TIP required / recommended?
What other charges may occur? Extra labor? Charges for steps?